WussupWussupWussuuuuup? Excuse my absence these past couple weeks on the podcast front. I’ve been busy with Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Pinterest, your mom… Okay, maybe not that last one, but believe me I’ve thought about it. I’ve been doing pretty much everything you can think of besides the things I need to be doing, but hey, isn’t that what life’s all about?
Anywaaay, this week I took on executive producer duties while Miss Krystal D’Souza stepped up to the plate as co-host and put herself in the crossfire between hosts Black and Sowunmi, who readily unleashed the snaps, the sarcasm and the LOLs. As classes came to a close and we began gearing up for exam season, there was a ton to talk about on campus, including some not-so-glowing Gazette reviews of this year’s USC Council that caused more than an uproar on Facebook, in the Twitterverse and certainly in the studio. Meanwhile, on the West Coat, it’s Coachella time and we’ve got dead guys coming back to life to perform for a bunch of people on drugs. On the upside, it would appear Drake was wrong about that YOLO thing. Plus it was a good week for pop culture fueds and we’ve got the dirty deets on Courtney Love versus Francis Bean Cobain, and the Mobb Deep Twitter beef.
So hit play on the podcast below and follow the post for updated links to all of the whosits and whatsits we tackled from music to movies and so much more!
This week’s bumpin’ beats:
- This track is a jam. Toronto natives, they are now signed to ICM and you can anticipate hearing much more from them soon. Plus, they played at Coachella!
WTF moment of the Week:
Krystal: Drunk friend peed her pants in line for JBRs…. WHAT?! How OLD is she?
Nate: (who always comes strapped) 1) Orders way too much food at all-you-can-eat Sushi, fears he has to pay $1 per piece extra for the unfinished sushi, but the waitress sympathizes with his hangover and only charges him $2 and packs up all the leftover food. 2) Jays Streaker with YOLO written on their chest
Jordan: Mobb Deep break-up rumors via Twitter. Truly a stressful time for rap fans. Check out this Hip-HopDX article for more information
This Week’s Hot Topics:
- gave Forge a B+ –> WHAT?! “He is the most genuine and personally available USC president of my 5 years” – Jordan Sowunmi
- Elliot Hong, Communications officer a C+ –> “A complete strikeout” according to Sowunmi, who is in his portfolio and was not asked for an opinion. The Gazette described him as an absentee, which could not be further from the truth. This truly calls into question the credibility of the grades, and the public agrees according to the recent Facebook rampage from UWO students. If you care to read the article, it can be found at WesternGazette.ca
- Dave Grohl controversy. Courtney called Dave Grohl “sexually obsessed” with Kurt Cobain “If something did happen, I don’t blame Francis, but Dave’s a creep”
- Check out more from The Hollywood Reporter here.
- Claims it’s because of money, but it was clearly game over. Your hosts dig in to the role of social media in public opinion and politics.
Krystal’s List Of The Week
Ten Things You’ll Do the Week Before Your Exam:
10. study…a little
9. realize how much you didnt do all semester
8. panic about how much you’re going to have to do now
7. take a nap…because you wont end up getting it all done anyways
6. creep facebook
5. creep twitter
4. creep pintrest, instagram, youtube and… lionsdenu
3. panic about the fact that you’re going to be jobless after your graduate
2. realize that what you’re reading or learning about will really not help in getting you a job after you graduate
1. realize that the best way to succeed in life is to fail your exams and find a boyfriend on craigslist to pay for your life
Jordan’s Movies of the Week
Cabin in the Woods – Executive produced by Joss Whedon
The Three Stooges - Kate Upton and… Snooki? Jane Lynch and Larry David, too.
“Sometimes in Hollywood, you have some money, you gotta throw it to the wall and see what sticks” – Jordan
Will Arnett said in passing that the Arrested Development has a start date. They are doing a show with Netflix in early 2013. Read more here.
Music and Events
- Coachella is happening this weekend in L.A : live stream will be happening. Kanye’s performance last year was the most live stream viewed concert on the Internet.
- The Pack AD, Canadian band with a similar sound to Black Keys
- ICE T: Ice Loves Coco, who’s watched it?
- Action Bronson: his similarity to Ghostface, many references to wrestlers in a nerdy way that makes him easily identifiable with Jordan Sowunmi, the biggest wrestling nerd I know.
- Cassette Tape flashback: What was your first ever cassette tape? Jordan’s was the Marshall Mathers LP, Krystals’ was Thriller and mine was Spice World.
Website of the Week
Jordan: facebook.com/primalmovementfitness (Western alum and legend Thomas Heffernen’s gym, he was also on an episode of Keys to the VIP) — on that note, how funny was Keys to the VIP?
Krystal: You all know it and love it, it takes the cake for 2012′s biggest time waster… whatshouldwecallme.tumblr.com
Alright guys, I’m signing off, until next week when we have OUR FINAL SHOW OF THE YEAR! So be sure to tune in for the live stream at lionsdenu.com/radio or 94.9 CHRW and keep your eyes peeled for the podcast if you can’t be with us. Cheers!
About the Author: