I hope everyone enjoyed my BBQ pizza recipe last week!!! This week I want to share with you another yummy, but super healthy recipe that is easy to make and a crowd favorite! I never have any leftovers when I make these. This can be an entree or a large appetizer for a party. Enjoy!
Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 5 Bell Peppers (green or red, red has a sweet taste to it)
- 1 lb extra lean ground turkey breast
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 cups of water
- 2 tbl dried parsley
- 1 tsp red chili flakes3 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 gloves of garlic, mined
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tsp Salt Free Tony Chachere seasoning
- 2 tbl low fat shredded cheddar cheese
Boil 2 cups of water. Add brown rice. Reduce heat to low/ cover tightly. Cook for 45 minutes.
In another pan, add ground turkey, onion, and diced red pepper. Turn on medium heat, and ground meat till cooked thoroughly. Add remaining seasonings while cooking.
Remove from heat. Add cooked brown rice to meat mixture and stir till evenly distributed.
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise (stem to bottom of pepper). Place peppers inside a baking or casserole dish. Add meat mixture to each pepper half until slightly overfilled. Sprinkle with cheese.
Bake for 40 minutes or until desired softness of peppers.
About the Author: TheCoach knows his stuff. Now you can either utilize the knowledge, or regret that you didn't.