Welcome to Caitlin’s Corner! The other night I was CRAVING pizza! But I have some pretty important photo shoots coming up, so that wasn’t going to happen. I decided to make an easy but healthier pizza on my own, and it was delicious! I hope you enjoy it!
Healthy BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Homemade Crust – (makes two cracker thin pizzas)
- 1 cup water + 2tbl water
- 1 1/2 tbl olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp “NO Salt” (you can use sea salt)
- 1 packet of Stevia or other sugar substitute
- 3 cups whole wheat flour (you can use regular flour as well)
- 2 tbl mixture of italian herbs. I like Oregano, Basil, and Rosemary.
- 1 tbl garlic powder
Stir water and oil together and slowly add the dry ingredients in order. Stir till dough like consistency then knead till smooth. Separate into two balls. You can freeze dough as well.
Roll onto pizza stone or pan till cracker thin. Bake at 450 for about 6 minutes or untill starts to brown on top. Edges will lift up a bit.
- 2 tbl BBQ sauce. (look for low sodium and low sugar or make your own)
- 1-2 chicken breasts- cut into strips
- Half a red onion- sliced
- 2 tbl green onions- diced
- 1 green bell pepper- sliced
- Olive Oil cooking spray
- Seasoning of your choice
- 1/2 cup to 1 cup low fat shredded cheese
While crust is in the oven, coat a skillet with olive oil spray and saute chicken, red onion, and bell pepper with seasoning till chicken is cooked through. (about 6-7 minutes on med-high heat)
Spread BBQ sauce on pizza crust and add chicken and veggies. Top with green onions and cheese. Bake till cheese is melted. (about 5-7 minutes)
About the Author: TheCoach knows his stuff. Now you can either utilize the knowledge, or regret that you didn't.