[Ed. Amy Lynn Grover of KulaDevi (Join The Fanpage) is back with her weekly column Ask Amy Lynn! We first featured her in our FFF series, and from there we continued with her articles about the true meaning of fitness, the importance of getting uncomfortable in order to get results and 6 ways to get back on the fitness train! This week Amy hits you with 10 Easy Ways To Slim This Fall! Remember you now have the opportunity to ask our resident expert whatever you want about fitness, exercise, nutrition and yoga! Leave your questions in the comment section or send them to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org! Be sure to check out the KulaDevi website and follow Amy on Twitter!]
Want to drop pounds but don’t have a lot of extra time to spend in the gym? Here are some simple easy tips and tricks to help keep you slim!
1) Drink warm water or tea upon waking, it will stimulate your digestive system and get things moving right off the bat! Continue throughout the day to keep peristalsis stimulated! The colder the drink the harsher it is on your digestion track.
2) Eat breakfast! The single most important meal of the day!
If you don’t have a ton of time in the AM blend a protein shake in 2 minutes:
1 scoop whey protein powder
1 tbsp vita mineral greens
1 cup un-sweetened almond milk
1 tsp almond butter
1 tsp ground flax seeds
and grab a banana for your mid-morning snack
3) This may sound silly, but chew your food. Instead of inhaling your meal so fast you barely taste it, take the time to eat. Chew each bite fully, you will put less strain on your body; digestion starts in the mouth!
4) Drink plenty of water, this is a given but people always forget for some reason! Hunger is often confused with thirst. Give yourself some space around meals at least 30 minutes – 1 hour before a meal and 30 minutes – 1 hour after drink a glass or two, this way when you sit down to eat you won’t be as hungry, and you won’t over eat.
5) Hydration in mind, avoid consuming countless calories with energy drinks and other sugar and chemical filled, promising beverages… Drink water (add lemon for taste), green tea or mint tea.
6) Eat every 3-4 hours to keep your metabolism working. Starving yourself is a major no-no- Your body will store fat instead of burning it.
7) Proper food combinations are essential at each meal for faster digestion and nutrient absorption. Your stomach produces acids depending on the type of foods you ingest. In order not to confuse it and extend the process which causes fermentation and gassiness try, this method: Fruits alone! Eat lean protein (fish, chicken or beef) + a small portion of healthy fat (olive oil, avocado, nuts etc) + non starchy vegetable (greens, asparagus etc) together. Eat complex carbs alone or with vegetables.
8 ) Avoid the sauce, but when you do drink… Drink clear liquor, as the darker it is, the higher the sugar content and it’s harder on your liver. Mix with soda or water to avoid all the extra sugar and bloating factors of colas and juices.
9) Take the longer route, park a little farther from the store, take the stairs, walk instead of drive… All the extra steps add up! I’m serious, every little bit helps! Stand up from your desk and stretch, make the time to refresh and take a walk around the building or block to get some fresh air on your break.
10) Get your mind right! The more you think or believe something, the more true it becomes. Admire the one in the mirror, think positive thoughts about yourself… The more you do, the more others will too!
About the Author: