We have a two day special from Amy Lynn Grover (Join The Fanpage) this week! Yesterday Amy shared her secrets on Combating Low Self-Esteem With Self Improvement! Don’t forget Amy has her own section on the website under Health & Fitness, Amy Lynn Fitness, so you can read up on any articles you’ve missed! You can ask our resident expert whatever you want about fitness, exercise, nutrition and yoga! Leave your questions in the comment section or send them to email@example.com! Be sure to check out the Amy’s website and follow Amy on Twitter!
Ladies, hold your arms out to the sides and take a look under there? Do you see dangly flab? I hate to break it to you, but that elliptical or cardio machine you spend your precious time on isn’t going to get rid of that stuff. Cardio is great for your heart and circulation, however lifting a little weight will help you attain the results you are looking for fast! You can burn the same or more calories in a weight session than in 30 minutes of cardio. Work your muscle and burn fat, I promise you – you will not get big. The trick is to do a lot of reps, with light weights.
PS. Chicken arms are out. Enough said.
Try these exercises with light weight, for really nice looking defined arms that will look seriously sexy with your LBD, tank top or even under your big comfortable sweater. For all of the standing exercises stand in the yoga Warrior I position, alternate legs when switching sets. This is a very strong stance, it will give you power to lift heavier and longer. Suck it in and engage your core the entire time.
Guys feel free to give this a try too. Us ladies love guys that can lift us up with 1 finger
Now, if it’s too easy you can always challenge yourself in different ways by 1) Increasing the instability: kneel on a stability ball, stand on a wobble pad, or 1 leg while performing exercises (this will turn up the burn like crazy and rip your core). 2) Increase your weight or 3) The amount of sets you do (up to 6 is good), the more you work 1 muscle and burn it out the better the results.
Biceps & Triceps
1) Alternating dumb bell bicep curl. Start with the dumbbell tight to your body, as you curl twist so your grip is facing you at the top, then for kick backs stand in warrior I position but learn way forward so the top of your head is facing the mirror, use a light weight.
- Alternating dumb bell bicep curl 3 sets x 30 (15 each side)
- Tricep kick back 3 sets x 20 reps
2) Bicep dumb bell curls alternating in & out: curl in front then open and curl on the sides, followed by tricep push-downs with a straight bar on the pulley machine (lean forward so that the cable almost brushes your nose).
- Bicep dumbbell curls 3 sets x 30 reps (15 in 15 out)
- Tricep push downs 3 sets x 15 reps
3) Bicep 21’s 7 curls from base to half way, 7 curls half way to the top, 7 curls all the way up and all the way down, followed by tricep dips: elevate yourself on a bench or step and elevate your feet with a large weight under your feet.
- 21s x 2 sets
- Dips 2 sets x 30 reps
About the Author: NateBlack is doin pretty good as far as geniuses go. Arrogant, insightful, and humble, Nate possesses one of the most dangerous minds of our generation. Stay tuned for More News, Re-Posts, and Originals from this modern day scholar. *If any of you are interested in writing for LDU contact 'Nate Black' via Facebook or firstname.lastname@example.org*